Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,420
Re: Do you only use Ricoh cameras?

thelps wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

Landberg wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

I think you are going to find that almost everyone on this forum use other brands too simply because Rico does not really produce any system camera or general use camera

Harold

Yeah, i thought it would be that way. But i’m still curious. I know there are som hardcore ricoh fan-boys out there that also only uses the GR.

I’m not a hardcore fan-boy, but i have not fint a digital camera that i like more.

Me neither . I suspect that if they had a GR with an FOv 40mm equivalent ( in 35mm terms) and a 2x converter along with a high res EVF i might do some short trips with just those 2 ricoh cameras

Harold

Harold, I also find the 40mm FOV equiv a very useful all rounder. I gelled with it using the Zuiko 40mm on the OM4. If there were a GR with this I'd like a good aperture, f2 if possible.

Hi

Yes a 2/40 mm ( in 35mm equivalent) is a perfect general purpose lens

Back in the 60s and 70s the 40mm was as popular as a 35 mm ( and more than the 50mm) for fixed lens cameras

it is interesting to notice that at this Photokina I count at least THREE new 40 mm lenses introduced one by sigma , one zeiss batis and one pancake for the MF Fuji GX series

Additionally I'd like to team it with a 21mm equiv GR like the GR21 film camera. I could go a lot of places with those two.

Yes this why for a long time i thought that with just two small cameras and two conevrsion lnses ricoh could cover a 21 mm to 80 mm focal range without compromising IQ and max aperture

H

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow