Z7 Bug? Flashing Screen & Blackouts While Reviewing Most Recently Shot Photo With Zoom

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
OP TreeForest Forum Member • Posts: 69
Re: Z7 Bug? Flashing Screen & Blackouts While Reviewing Most Recently Shot Photo With Zoom

Thank for the suggestion. I just filed a support request with Nikon explaining the issue in detail. Hopefully they have someone who can do testing based on the specific criteria.

At this point, I'm pretty sure this is a Nikon software bug, not a camera issue because I can easily turn the bug on and off by changing specific settings in the camera menus. Also, the fact that it happens only with the most recently shot photo in a set - and only on views that don't add any extra overlay data - makes me think that there is some issue with the last preview not being fully finishes or something like that.

Thank you again for the suggestion.

jfriend00 wrote:

TreeForest wrote:

Yes, you're right, it only happens in "Prioritize Viewfinder" mode, not in "Monitor Only" mode. However, I can hold the camera at arm's length from my body and it still happens 100% of the time as described in the original post. However, I have discovered that if I turn on "Focus Point" in the Playback settings (so that the red Focus Point is displayed in playback), it never happens. That makes me think it's more likely to be some kind of software bug rather than an issue with my specific camera.

It seems like you've got it narrowed down enough that you should file a support issue with Nikon and hopefully that will help get it on the radar of the bug fix team at Nikon.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JZ7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow