Are orange colours hard to print?

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,565
Are orange colours hard to print?

I'm having a struggle trying to print a photo of a baby wearing a vivid orange bobble hat as a tight crop portrait - the orange colours seem to be taking over the shadows in the skin ... very noticeably.

I'm using LR CC Classic and an Epson 3880 printer with Epson inks and Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 paper. I have a printer profile from Fotospeed, having sent a test print to Fotospeed for them to profile. The profile has worked fine with landscapes.

I've soft proofed and have definitely got the correct paper profile showing. I have to make some adjustments for printing with this paper, mainly upping the contrast. After doing this and zooming in the the Develop Menu at the soft proof the skin doesn't look orange, or it does by a minute amount due to the reflection from the bobble hat. But printing out and all the shadows have a very noticeable orange tint at the edges.

Any suggestions please? Thanks.

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Sony Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 135mm F2.8 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow