Capture one copying images during import

Started Jul 6, 2017 | Questions thread
Paul712 Regular Member • Posts: 330
Re: Capture one copying images during import

Trebor129 wrote:

Paul712 wrote:

1. In the import options, I also specify "Import To" destination as "Current Location", which means Capture One will not create additional copies for the RAW image files. (The other options of "Inside Catalogue" will create additional copy inside the Capture One's catalogue files; and a different "Folder Name" will create another copy in your specified Import To destination folder).

There is no "current location" option with Sessions. Are you using Catalogs or Sessions?

Sorry for my delayed response to your question. I use "Current Location" option in "Catalogue" while importing.  (I do not use "sessions").

"Current Location" means the RAW files will be used from their current location, which is usually a folder in my C: drive of my PC. After processing, I move the folder of RAW files from my PC to an external drive. If I need to process an old image again, I just remap the location to the folder in external drive and process the image for the second time while the RAW file is still in the external drive's folder.

-- hide signature --

Paul

Paul712's gear list:Paul712's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV Sony a7R III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow