Canon 6D Mkii owners, help please

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Makingtrax Regular Member • Posts: 425
Canon 6D Mkii owners, help please

Time to retire my 5DMkii after 10 years. Looking to find a new camera to work with my Canon lenses, in particular 85mm 1.4, 50m 1.4, 70-200m 2.8 which I use for portraits. I like the look of the 6D II with the flip out screen for video.

Read some poor reviews though about it . . focus points only around the centre, no focus joy stick, forced to use live view only to get decent focusing etc. As I shoot a lot of portraits this concerns me. I want a decent upgrade now we’re approaching 2020.

In the real world though, how does this camera actually work with shallow dofs with respect to keeper rate? Or should I buy the Sony 7iii which is not much more price wise and supposedly has the ultimate focusing system. Much appreciated in advance.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Makingtrax's gear list:Makingtrax's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +5 more
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow