How to print from Lightroom?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BigDG Forum Member • Posts: 78
How to print from Lightroom?

I'm new to printing and have a new Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer. I have always heard that one should let Lightroom and not the printer manage printing but I can't find the menu for switching what manages printing  on any menu.  I'm using a Mac with High Sierra 10.13.5 and Adobe Lightroom classic CC.

When in the print module in LR on the left pane at the bottom there is Page Setup and Print Settings.  On the right pane at the bottom I see Print and Printer buttons as well as lots of settings.  On the right pane I see Color Management and have set Profile to Canon PRO 100 <LU> 1/2 Paper Pro Luster.  There is also the option of 3 Paper Pro luster and other options for Apple RGB, and other stuff I don't understand

Near the bottom is an explanation point and a message "When selecting a custom profile remember to turn off color management in the Print dialog Block.  Point compensation will be used for this print.

I'm not sure if I have set LR to manage colors and don't know what to do about the warning message.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow