Help - Canon Pixma Pro 100 suddenly printing sepia

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andrewteee Senior Member • Posts: 2,929
Help - Canon Pixma Pro 100 suddenly printing sepia

Today, my Canon Pixma Pro 100 started printing my B&W prints with a sepia tint and I've been unable to successfully correct this issue. I'd appreciate any advice on how to troubleshoot the issue!

I've been printing hundreds of prints from a series of hikes many years ago. They are processed as B&W images with a very slight tint (I can't recall the tint settings since I processed the images years ago, but it was not a pure sepia tint; the tint is very subtle) and up until today they've printed correctly. But today I noticed a sepia tint to the prints I made this morning. Each print is printing that way.

As a test, I reprinted the last print from my most recent printing session (within the past week or two). The original print from that printing session looks correct, but today's print of the same image had a clear sepia tint to it. I then printed a "B&W" print from the printer settings dialog box. That printed purely B&W that was different from the print a few days ago. Closer, but not correct.

I've made zero changes to the printer dialog settings (in Photoshop) that could have led to this issue. Photoshop is managing colors and I'm using the Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper profile. The only thing I set in the printer dialog box is to print the image at 45% on 8.5 x 11 paper. I've restarted the apps, my MacBook Pro, the printer. I also replaced 3 ink cartridges that were getting low. No luck, no resolution.

FWIW I have OS X Mojave installed. Might that be messing with the color profiles or something?

Also, this morning I replaced the Thunderbolt 3 cable that runs between my MBP and an OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock; from a short cable to a slightly longer cable. But it is very hard to imagine the Thunderbolt 3 cable would impact the tint of a Canon Pixma Pro 100 print. The printer is connected to the dock via USB.

I'm at a loss as to what else to try and what else to troubleshoot.

TIA!

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Ricoh GR Digital IV Leica Q Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +1 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow