DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
phil from seattle
phil from seattle Senior Member • Posts: 3,206
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

IanYorke wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

Ted_G wrote:

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the Viewpoint and Filmpack. I thought DXO Elite was already impressive with the ease of instant "close" correction for RAW processing....then I added the supplement software and was really impressed with the film sims and distortion correction (already good thanks to profiling of my lenses).

When I bought the G9 I knew I would need modern software capable of getting the most from my images without a bunch of fiddling. Daniel Cox of Natural Exposures makes mention of a M43 "triad" with DXO software and I am happy I accepted his (and others) realistic views and guidance.

And of course 30 day free trial .

Just my non-pro opinion.

Yes, Viewpoint is a must-have, and FilmPack is very useful. The Volume deformation correction in Viewpoint is essential with wide-angle images. And I don't think an equivalent automatic correction tool is available elsewhere.

Yes, the volume deformation correction can be vital with some lenses / shots. I am not aware of many other photo editors with this capability.

Ian

Affinity Photo has a fairly flexible geometry feature. Not automatic but pretty powerful. I haven't played with Viewpoint but AP is good enough and costs the same as Viewpoint by itself.

A Viewpoint question. Does it know how much to increase the height to avoid the "Arc d'Squat" problem? Other software clearly gets it wrong.

L'Arc D'Squat!!!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow