Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 18,796
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Zeee wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

Ted_G wrote:

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the Viewpoint and Filmpack. I thought DXO Elite was already impressive with the ease of instant "close" correction for RAW processing....then I added the supplement software and was really impressed with the film sims and distortion correction (already good thanks to profiling of my lenses).

When I bought the G9 I knew I would need modern software capable of getting the most from my images without a bunch of fiddling. Daniel Cox of Natural Exposures makes mention of a M43 "triad" with DXO software and I am happy I accepted his (and others) realistic views and guidance.

And of course 30 day free trial .

Just my non-pro opinion.

Yes, Viewpoint is a must-have, and FilmPack is very useful. The Volume deformation correction in Viewpoint is essential with wide-angle images. And I don't think an equivalent automatic correction tool is available elsewhere.

You can do the same with LR's DeHaze. I set it to 25 in this example. While DXO is very good and has a lot of Auto settings LR is not as weak as made out to be. One reason I didn't like DXO when I tried it over the last 10 years. It took over too much for me. I know I could have worked around that but it was what it was.

DeHaze is nothing like DxO Viewpoint. You're confusing it with DxO ClearView, which has a completely different function.

As I said, I don't think LR has an equivalent to DxO Viewpoint's Volume deformation correction tool.

Oops. Sorry. I thought you meant ClearView. My bad. I've never looked at Viewpoint.

I see. I don't know much about it. Not sure how perspective compares to Adobe. I don't use it much. You can create the Brenizer look using PS.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow