bsas wrote:

Carol T wrote:

phil from seattle wrote:

Carol T wrote:

phil from seattle wrote:

Carol T wrote:

bsas wrote:

For me that proves my tests.

Basically, all tools can do everything I need for sure (far more actually).

To be honest, I think the most powerful tool is definitely PS. So, the "combo" LR + PS is by far the most capable set.

But, I don't like to tweak, config, edit, etc (I know, I am probably in the wrong forum :D).

Photography is a hobby for me. I work with computers all day (I am a software engineer), so, the last thing I want in my leisure time is to be in front of a computer software tweaking dials.

The biggest benefit I found on the DxO and that is why I decided to try to switch completely is that the "auto" settings are very close, almost perfect, to what I want. That means: zero to almost no tweaking. And that is valuable for me

My financial logic is quite simple: I will cancel LR+PS monthly subscription ($10 a month) and I will buy the DxO for $149 and I will force myself to keep JUST the DxO for 15 months. Since I ALWAYS backup my RAW files, there is nothing to loose with the "experiment". If I don't adapt completely, I can always go back to the adobe subscription (and I keep the DxO in the trade)...

Isn't the version with PRIME and all that $200?

150 on sale.

Where are you buying it on sale? On the DxO site atm it is $200 for the US (or at least that is where I am accessing the site from), it seems...$150 is a lot more palatable!

They have sales several times a year. I haven't kept close track as I bought on sale about 2.5 years ago. I upgraded about 6 months ago and I recall there was a sale then. I'm in the US, btw.

Ah, I see. It doesn't seem to be on sale atm. I guess you have to time it right.

Yes, this time sale ended on the 30th of September (I think it was a “back to school” sale). But, if you go to their website and monitor they have this 25% off sale regularly.

Thanks!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow