Questions Tamaron 100-400

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cazador Regular Member • Posts: 210
Questions Tamaron 100-400

I recently acquired a Tamaron 100-400.  Not an expert photographer, I am in the sorting out stage  Pictures are very promising but I find the lens difficult to use.  I have some questions I pose to experts and others on the forum.  Lens is pared with a Nikon 7200.

1.  View through the view finder even at f-8 in daylight is so dark I have to use live view which is still very dark.  I was hoping to shoot BIF with this lens but no usable view finder makes this difficult.  My other lenses (Nikon kit lenses) produce a normal view finder view.  I am 74 with two cataract surgeries so I don't have young eyes.  Is there any way to lighten the image in the view finder?

2.  To get the histogram in middle range I use minus one f-stop even with a polarizing filter in the middle of the day with light at my back.  Through the lens metering should produce the correct exposure.  I am using matrix metering.  What is going on?

3.  I get much better color saturated images using a polarizing filter all the time even when the shots do not include sky and water.  Without the filter images are flat and washed out.  Is this normal?

I do have a dock but focus and sharpness appears very close to true so I have not used the dock.  AF and VR is very good, much better than my 55-300.

Any help would be appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow