Why not both? EVF AND OVF

Started Oct 1, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NobodyImportant New Member • Posts: 12
Why not both? EVF AND OVF

Sorry if this turns into more of a rant but the main point I want to say is that I really want a DSLR with an OVF and EVF.

What Fuji is doing with their rangefinder-style X100 and X-Pro line is great, but I'd really like to see something similar for DSLRs. I remember seeing that Canon made a patent for it years ago, but nothing has shown up. While an EVF/OVF dslr may not be as hot sounding as a mirrorless camera, it's something new.

I really don't like the compromise of using the LCD because it's so open to nosy eyes, less steady with one less point of contact, and it's less "professional" as some might view it (as perception of being professional is still important, just like dressing appropriately is for first impressions).

Some might say OVFs are obsolete but I think there are still distinct advantages to OVFs, like the infinite refresh rate and power saving. Plus it might be easier on the eyes to not have another screen to look at all day. And it's subjective, but I think I'm a bit more connected to a given moment when viewing it through an OVF than an EVF.

I don't know how to voice my thoughts to camera manufacturers other than forums, so here's me sending out my 2 cents into the void. Thanks for reading.

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow