DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 18,795
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

CAcreeks wrote:

bsas wrote:

Yes, I am shooting with the Lumix G9.

I will try those curves, thanks!

I'm not saying you should switch to Darktable... just that with a few settings it's easy to get good color from it.

DxO is great, especially "prime" noise reduction at high ISO. Nothing beats it, as far as I can tell. Only one poster in this thread mentioned that advantage.

I have mentioned it several times on other forums. I use it for tougher NR situations but most of the time I use LR.

One thing I did test was DPP. I use DPP to cull before sending files to LR but I thought I'd try it with LR. You can't send it to LR. You can't save it as a RAW so I had to save/ convert as a TIFF. With DPP's DLO and sharpening fo the capture and then exporting using LR the final detail is right up there with DXO.

I said long ago of they sold Canon's RAW engine with the bells and whistles LR has I'd pay big money for it.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow