Write down imaging formulas

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zvonimir Tosic
Zvonimir Tosic Senior Member • Posts: 2,934
Write down imaging formulas

While the world is chasing the latest in terms of AF, IBIS, video, and speed, and big numbers, I always remind myself – daily – why am I pursuing imaging at all?

Like a self-check. I do it because I have discovered the ephemeral quality of the world is possible to capture within the photograph, and in it, such quality of light, and a perspective on the subjects, that can be easily lost if the hard-to-obtain imaging formula is disrupted with too many new variables on a regular basis.

While people are buying the new X-T3, Z7, Z6, GFX and so forth, I go back to used equipment shops and look for abandoned K5IIs, forgotten Leica X gear, old binoculars, camera bags, filters and lenses from an other era.

Items that world has forgotten in its mad chase for a perfect image without any imperfections, but strictly devoid of life too. Because you can't hide it; if it's too perfect, it is false too.

This is not to persuade you otherwise, though. Go and buy the best and all what steals your attention this moment.

But don't forget to write down best imaging formulas you have discovered so far, because you may wish to revisit them one day, like an old friend, and rediscover their incomparable charm.

Zvonimir Tosic's gear list:Zvonimir Tosic's gear list
Leica X2 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +3 more
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow