Mc-36a question.

Started Sep 29, 2018 | Discussions thread
NotASpeckOfCereal Senior Member • Posts: 1,307
Re: Mc-36a question.

stokfoto wrote:

How can I set it so mirror up, 10 exposures at 12 (or whatever) seconds a pop? I want to utilize the ecfs for sure.

You should ask in the Astro forum:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1059

I have a feeling that you're going to be told to not use the MUP feature at all. When you're doing exposures of at least 12 seconds (for me, they are usually at least 20-30 seconds and with stacking and tracking, often longer), the fractions of a second of shake at the very start of the exposure is a small portion of the total exposure.

In other words, the longer the exposure, the less you need MUP.

That said, I love to shoot astro in LV (D850 here, so not sure if your body will work the same). No shutter clunking during exposures at all, not even an MUP followed by the delay.

Note: I do LV with an external remote (like the MC-36). I'm not sure how well this works for those of you with a D850 using the internal intervalometer. I should check (don't know why I haven't).

Also: I do this LV method with the internal batteries, but if I'm taking a lot of shots (or doing an astro time-lapse, which can be much more), I use an external battery pack.

Chris

NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list:NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow