DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 18,795
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Zeee wrote:

From my fine detail tests this is the order I place these. I don't care about colour because it is not critical for my needs. Canon colours that are simulated in LR are very close and I have always like Canon. If I need industry standard colour I'll use the colorchecker.

1. DXO

2. LR

3. C1

I still prefer to use LR for everything. I send an occasional file to DXO PL but it always comes back to LR for exporting. DXO is very good but is missing some things for me. You really have to pixel peep many times to see the difference. For most everyday work most won't notice the difference.

If I got rid of the plan I would more than likely use DXO but I would miss the DAM. Even take a temporary real time history would be nice. I know you can turn the switches off.

If you use LR's Detail page properly and export you get outstanding images. For tougher NR jobs LR could use AI like Prime. This is the only reason I currently use DXO and I only send a few select files there for further processing. As for clear view you do the same with DeHaze.

Someone here posted this video and he says he talked to C1 and even they say LR's fine detail is better. I determined that last October when I was testing a replacement for LR and this video came out months later.

Starts at about minute 9 but it get's into it a 10:30. The whole video is a good constructive overview of both products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZdzcaaqaeY

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow