DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
phil from seattle
phil from seattle Senior Member • Posts: 3,209
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

bsas wrote:

Thanks for your answer!

They are running a 25% off right now, that is why I am thinking about buying it or not.

The DxO Photo Suite ELITE Edition is 289USD right now. Do you know if it can become cheaper than that? (that is 29x Adobe CC months :D).

I just use DxO PL Elite, none of the extras. Got it for $150, on sale. Upgrades are in the $80-90 range. In the 3+ years I've been using it there has been one upgrade so they aren't promiscuous on that front.

I also use Affinity Photo for sophisticated stuff but DxO PL with it's local effects is very quick to make edits.  So, I use DxO for 80-90% of my processing.  Best RAW support (with excellent lens corrections) and best NR (I shoot M43 so that's important to me). If you take out stacking, panos and HDR, it's closer to 99%. Very solid product.

Affinity Photo - they are responsive to bug reports. It would be great if you could file a report on your G9 raw problem so they could fix it. Overall, it's a very good product. Very stable. For $50, it's a great deal.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow