Canon JPG Colors 5d IV vs 1DS III

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joseph Chuan Regular Member • Posts: 469
Canon JPG Colors 5d IV vs 1DS III

Hello Fellow Photographers,

I currently have the Canon 5D IV and absolutely am thrilled with the camera for the last  months of owning it. I shoot portraits usually in JPG in the Portait Creative Style.   Previously, I had the 5D classic and looking back, the images were perhaps a little softer (maybe from fewer MP) but seemed more film-like because they were smoother.

I have seen quite a few 1DS III for sale and I was wondering for those who have both or had the 1DS III previously and now shoot with the 5Div, how you feel the files compared.   I was considering on picking one up despite the fact Canon no longer services them.

Did it seem smoother, or more natural in some sense?  Sometimes technology on paper doesn't translate to real world output.  I owned the Sony A7Rii and A7III and could never get used to the output so sold them.  Their features were out of this world, but I preferred the output of my 5Div.  Panasonic was even worse IMO--every pic I had felt very 2D.

Thanks for your input,

Joe

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow