DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Digital Nigel Veteran Member • Posts: 8,541
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

bsas wrote:

Thanks for your answer!

They are running a 25% off right now, that is why I am thinking about buying it or not.

The DxO Photo Suite ELITE Edition is 289USD right now. Do you know if it can become cheaper than that? (that is 29x Adobe CC months :D).

From memory, sometimes the sales have up to a 40% discount, but of course I don't know when/if that might happen again. I've been a satisfied DxO user for many years, and don't begrudge the price for such good software.

With FilmPack, try experimenting with colour renderings from different cameras. I always use Leica M9 colours, and have set that up as my default. Not only do I like those colours best, but it means that images from the several different cameras I might use on one day (none of which are Leicas) are all rendered with consistent Leica colours. It means that every image I process uses FilmPack, even though I seldom make any explicit use of the FP tools palette.

PS: yes, you should definitely get the Elite, not the Essentials, edition of PL. All the really cool features are only in the Elite edition.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow