Does anyone use 1dx mark II for JPG?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doggo Shooter Jeff New Member • Posts: 1
Does anyone use 1dx mark II for JPG?

This message isn't really to complain, although I've done enough of that the past two days.  I did a shoot with a woman and her dog a few days ago, and when I went to edit, they were all in JPG.  I'm assuming what happened is I accidentally hit the button below the playback button that changes the format you're shooting in.  I assume that's what happened - I don't remember doing that but after research it seems the only feasible explanation.

My question is - does anyone really use the 1DX Mark II for shooting in JPG?  If so, why?  I was kind of surprised when I got it and the default format was set to JPG instead of RAW.  But no big deal - I changed it to RAW and no JPG.  But to have such an easily hit button toggle you over to JPG seems absurd.  I've disabled that button, but after ranting about who would use this body for JPG's and how dumb Canon is for putting that button there, I started wondering if maybe there's a legitimate reason for that.

Anyone have any insight?  I'd appreciate it.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow