Archival Pigment Ink Jet Prints

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kbweiss New Member • Posts: 8
Archival Pigment Ink Jet Prints

Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking to discuss what the public thinks of the value of digital archival ink jet prints when offered for sale. I was working with a well known interior design firm in Los Angeles and they told me the public thinks ink jet prints are just posters and have little value. A client of mine wanted me to "give" her one for free. When I asked why, she said "because I can just print another one". I also have run into "there is nothing handmade about them". Frustrating because I come from film and darkroom printing where I've sold B&W silver gelatin prints nation wide in a catalogue for $5,000 now I'm being asked to give ink jet prints away because they don't have a lot of value, even as limited editions (public believes there are too many places for the file to be so they don't believe you can control the edition) Anyway, not sure if this is the correct part of the forum for this discussion. Would like to know if anyone is selling Archival ink jet prints for a reasonable amount and if there are better printing methods or papers than what I'm using. Thank you!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow