Sony Play Memories sucks

Started Sep 24, 2018 | Discussions thread
ellisab New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Sony Play Memories sucks

Just Another Photog wrote:

Paul Barnard wrote:

Just Another Photog wrote:

I can report I got the GPS from the iPhone X to link to the A7R iii.

Please don’t ask me how I did it. I pressed some parts of the screen, and menus I didn’t think were right but for some reason worked this time.

The App needs a major rework there should be more than one. I don’t plan to transfer images, just wanted my $3K camera to do what my 12 year old video camera does in body.

You know, the size of the GPS chip is tiny and could easily be incorporated into the camera.

It's possible to connect. Thats actually not too bad but if the phone sleeps or the camera turns off and on or sleeps then it will stop logging most of the time. It's so unreliable that you have to check the status of the connection before you take a shot. That makes it pretty much a chocolate tea pot in my book

You are completely right. I waited an hour, went out for a walk, no connection. I tried a few quick ones, but still it would not connect.

As as to the poster who asked that I stop complaining as we won’t get the app for the next cameras.........Really, you want another gem like the one we have?

I have the same problem.  The connection is inconsistent.  Sometimes it will connect with no problem when I turn the camera on.   Sometimes it will lose the connection even when the camera was never off.  I have found that if I turn Bluetooth off and then back on, on my iPhone, it will reconnect.  So far that seems to work, but it is annoying that I have to check if I have GPS before taking a picture.

ellisab's gear list:ellisab's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow