"Pros always use Manual exposure, A and S are for amateurs ..

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 12,131
Re: "Pros always use Manual exposure, A and S are for amateurs ..

Michael Fryd wrote:

Clearly, I am in a minority here. But I think that controlling the light is an important part of photography. If I am shooting a landscape, I am careful to choose the right time if day. If I can't change the time of day, I look for a viewpoint that takes better advantage of the light.

If I am shooting snapshots at a family party, I may turn up the room lights, or bounce a flash off the ceiling.

If I am shooting in the studio, every light is carefully placed. Power levels and light modifiers are chosen for the look I want.

====

There are more disciplines of photography where light cannot be controlled than where they can. This is why there has been so much work on improving sensor performance in low light (as well as the proliferation of fast glass). You are definitely in the minority. Can't always use a flash or pick the perfect time of day to shoot.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a7R II Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow