That stonking big 4K TV you bought for your photos

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
GodSpeaks Forum Pro • Posts: 13,855
Re: That stonking big 4K TV you bought for your photos

Fishchris wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

A couple of years ago I bought a 65" Samsung Series 8 SUHD TV. I bought it to watch movies. I do not watch broadcast TV anymore. I have yet to use it to view any of my photos, although I do use it to watch my edited 4K videos. I also have an android media box that supports 4K60P (Minix U9-H).

My photo viewing is done in large part on my desktop computer, which has a 28" 4K monitor. I find 28" is too small for 4K resolution

Hmmm. Interesting. I was on the fence 6 months ago between a 27" and a 32" 4K monitor. As it turned out, the 27" appeared sharper. I guess I could have just set farther away from my monitor, but I actually grab my 27" monitor on a fully articulating stand and pull it up pretty close for photo work.

Anyway, IMP experience, my 27" is not at all too small to take full advantage of 4K pixels.

I guess if you don't mind squinting.  As you say, you have to grab your monitor and pull it up close.   Personally, I prefer to have my monitor at a more reasonable viewing distance, hence my statement that I find 28 inches too small.

Also I should mention, the 27" and the 32" I was comparing, were both LG's.... Even the same series, just different sizes.

, so I have plans to upgrade my monitor next year to about 40". Did I mention I also do a lot of gaming.

The rest of my photo viewing is done on my smartphone.

By the way, the Hollywood movies look fabulous on the SUHD TV.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +49 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow