Leica-M 9cm Elmar Collapsible OK/Safe On Digital M?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,485
Leica-M 9cm Elmar Collapsible OK/Safe On Digital M?

Somewhere, on some forum, I recently saw a comment, in an older thread, that the older, collapsible 90mm/9cm lenses could be a risk to the shutter of digital M cameras, as the shutter of the digital M cameras has less clearance than is the case with film M cameras. That comment was neither refuted, nor supported, in subsequent comments.

With a couple of these 9cm Elmar Collapsible lenses being currently available, in decent condition, I was wondering whether that old comment had any validity. I would be grateful for any thoughts/advice/comments.

A second, follow-up question would then be, how a 9cm Elmar Collapsible performs, optically, on Type 240/246/262 and M10 cameras.

Another M-mount short tele, I am considering, is the Zeiss ZM 4/85 Tele-Tessar. This is actually what I was researching, when I stumbled upon the subject of the 9cm Elmar Collapsible.

Thanks for reading this far, and for any advice.

-- hide signature --

I wore a police badge and pistol, and made evidentiary images at night, incorporating elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. (Retired January 2018.) I enjoy using Canon and Nikon gear.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +49 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow