Need D7XXX purchase help

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tarrant1 New Member • Posts: 2
Need D7XXX purchase help

Ok so I am looking to get back in to photography after about 20ish year being out. My original experience was with old film cameras in the late 90s/early 2000s. I did take photography class in HS and College so am familiar with the basics. I currently have an aging Lumix fz70 bridge camera and would like to take the step in to dslr.

I think ive settled on the D7xxx line and am wondering if there is any real world difference between the d7100 vs 7200. Im aware of the buffer problem and the 'low light banding' that people have talked about. I will be getting the Sigma 17-50 lens regardless of camera and was wondering if the d7200 upgrade is worth the price. Right now I could get the d7100 + sigma + and afp 70-300 for about the same price as the d7200 + sigma. [btw everything used]

As for shooting, itll be mostly landscapes/architecture, with some wildlife and kids sports [soccer/volleyball]

What do you think? will the d7100 suit my needs or is it better to step up to d7200.

Nikon D7100 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow