Canon 6D mark 1 in 2019 (vs Sony A7ii)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Azamato New Member • Posts: 14
Canon 6D mark 1 in 2019 (vs Sony A7ii)

Hey guys

Next year I'm going on a big trip to Asia and I'm already a photographer of 2 years but have been shooting on an aps c canon from 2010 that I bought used.

I'm thinking it's time to upgrade, however since I'm still a student my budget is maximum €1500

There's a combination of Canon 6D + 24-105 3.5-5.6 for 1400 euro

But there's another option of going for the Sony A7ii + 28-70 for the same amount.

I don't know which one to go for out of these two.

I Need
- Low light performance for portraits
- Decent autofocus for moving things and people
- Sharp and details in my pics are very important

DSLR
+ I like the ergonomics
+ Better battery
+ I have a 85mm for canon
+ Lenses are cheap (500 euro for a 24-70L on ebay)
+ Looks like it can last a while
- 6D mark 1 is pretty old no?
- "only" 20 megapixels
- that's about it, i'm worried it's not worth the money cause of it's age.

Sony
+ better specs
+ better autofocus
+ Newer
+ Better bang for buck/future proof?
- I don't like mirrorless feeling, small
- battery sucks
- lenses are very expensive
- looks like it can break easily

My concern is that the 6D although liked by many, is a camera from 2012.. Is it worth spending that much money on a camera that old? The Sony is 2 years younger idk if it matters. My focus is travel photography so I really want sharpness and details to be out there, night shots will be also needed as in night portraits with some lighting effects.

What do you guys think? Is there an alternative to these? Also what lens would I get in stead of the ones I told you.

Or is it even worth spending this amount of money now. Or should I just keep saving until I can get something decent in the 3K€ range..

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow