IBIS or Focus?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tmorterlaing Junior Member • Posts: 44
IBIS or Focus?

Bit of a specific use case, and I could do with some opinions!

I need a new camera (yes, need, not GAS), and am looking at an X-H1 or an X-T3.

I don't care about the added bulk of the X-H1, or the top screen (I'd be getting the grip for the XT3 if I went that way).

My biggest worry is IBIS - after seeing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKV3SVfvFY

My photography is all walk around street photography, no tripod. During the day obviously I can dial in the shutter speed and no problems as far as focus shake.

However, night street shoots I have a difficult decision because the XH1 has IBIS which can apparently give me a fair amount of light in shutter speed...but on the other hand the XT3 has far better low light performance (just under a stop better shadow recovery but more importantly it focuses significantly better in low light according to most reviews). The XT3 also has marginally better battery life, although having an extra battery in the pocket isn't an issue for me.

I think most other things that matter to me are comparable between the two - they have very similar build qual/weather sealing, and the actual overall IQ seems comparable without pixel peeping. Price is also not a factor, I have a £2000 budget and both are under. I don't need any other lenses with that cash either.

If anyone could offer some thoughts that would be much appreciated!

PS apologies if other 'X vs Y' threads have covered this, but I couldn't see any asking my fairly specific question

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow