A way to turn in-camera picture profiles into LUT or Lightroom Profiles?

Started Sep 25, 2018 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Johnnew Archibald - SMGJohn
Johnnew Archibald - SMGJohn New Member • Posts: 13
A way to turn in-camera picture profiles into LUT or Lightroom Profiles?

So as the title says, I been trying to really figure out how to do this.

Now I know you can just take a picture of a neutral scene preferably a studio scene with colourful objects, preferably a colour chart and then go back into Lightroom or Photoshop and start adjusting the RAW to match the JPEG in order to get those in-camera picture profiles into a LUT or Profile.

But this is reduntant and does not create a 100% match in every scenario and this method varies a lot when involving with white balance and exposure settings in the various  RAW that you apply your custom created Profile or LUT.

Is there, a better more proof method to accomplish getting the in-camera profiles onto a digital file on your computer?

If you want to know which cameras I am using its the Samsung NX1 and NX500 but there few other older cameras that I have I like to try this on as well.

As someone who really like colour science, I really like the picture profiles inside the Sammy's but I can never use them in my RAW images, they are only applied to my JPEG's.

If my method of doing things is wrong then please correct me, I do not have a studio so I am using a okayish lit white room with a white table, and simply using my colour table, but I just cannot get it right, not sure if its the colour table I should be adjusting because the Sammy picture profiles seem to be adjusting a lot of things other than colour as well such as contrast, shadowing and highlight contrast.

And its these that really breaks when trying to apply those custom profiles to random pictures you take and compare the RAW to the JPEG its never completely similar, its always reds are off or greens are just not similar at all and whatnot and sometimes you often get the highlight contrast issues being all over the place.

Johnnew Archibald - SMGJohn's gear list:Johnnew Archibald - SMGJohn's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic LX10 Panasonic ZS200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX99 Samsung NX1 +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow