FE 28 F2 Front element coating worn

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ko303 Forum Member • Posts: 53
FE 28 F2 Front element coating worn

I love my FE 28 F2 but during a long bikepacking trip, I kept it in a small pack and the lens cap popped off and the coating on the front element got damaged.  It's not scratched, but it looks coating has rubbed off from being jostled around in my bag.  I regret not having a filter on it but lesson learned.

In daylight or when there's  good lighting near the the center, it comes out like a glow or smudging in the photos.  I'm really bummed about it that's my fault knowing not protecting it better knowing the conditions I would be carrying it in.  I'd love to keep the lens but it's probably not worth the cost of getting a new front element if that's even possible.  I might just end up selling for cheap and maybe get a new one but I'd rather not do that since I don't photograph as much as I used to to justify the cost right now.

My question is, does any one have a cheap hack to fix this issue or minimize?  I don't care about how "ghetto" it may look as long as I can use the lens again without my pictures turning out like crap in the center.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow