Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 not focusing far away with Nikon D7100

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
christinal0825 New Member • Posts: 1
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 not focusing far away with Nikon D7100

I recently purchased the Sigma 17-50mm lens from my local camera store and it doesn't seem to like my Nikon D7100. When I shoot further away with the lens everything is soft and out of focus even though I was clearly focusing on someones face. If I move in closer to my subject its fine and they are in focus and if I am doing a macro shot of something the focus is great! But I bought this lens mainly for the ability to shoot from farther away and zoom in. Also, it doesn't make a difference if I am shooting AF or manual focus.

I made sure it wasn't my camera by putting my trusted nikkor 35mm f/1.8 and everything was perfectly focused.

Did I get a faulty lens? Is this lens not compatible with my camera? Is there something I am doing wrong?

I would love some advice or if anyone has heard of this happening before. Thank you!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow