Can C1 as good as LR for editing X-Trans in bulk and at speed?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
owenb Senior Member • Posts: 1,059
Can C1 as good as LR for editing X-Trans in bulk and at speed?

Re-opening this can of (overly sharpened x-trans) worms...

I'm waiting patiently for LR to support the X-T3 raw files and rather enjoying rediscovering how amazing the JPGs are in the meantime. I'm an event and wedding photographer (mostly events right now thankfully) and taking my time with a small handful of files at a time simply isn't how life works for me. I need to whizz through hundreds of selects per job.

I frankly don't have that much of a problem with LR's handling of the files because when it comes down to it my photography is about capturing a moment over delivering a zero-noise pixel-perfectly-sharpened file, and the last four years of LR-processed files have delighted my clients. I also like the catalog functions in LR (although I use PM to cull).

I've tried the Fuji software that can do X-T3 and it's slow and clunky when it comes to bulk editing and whizzing back and forth matching looks and making tweaks. The interface is just weird.

I gave Iridient X Transformer a go but it quadruples the size of the raf when it makes a dng, so that's not a long-term option when I'm generating at least 750GB of selected raws per year at the moment. I've not tried the standalone software yet.

I've given C1 a look and the interface was overwhelming but I could see there was a lot of power there and I could learn it. But I've not had time to try doing full jobs through it yet. How does it handle pro-level volumes of event/wedding selects, and how is it's catalog functions in comparison to LR?

Cheers!

owenb's gear list:owenb's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow