Nikon J5 + Tamron 100-400 sample pictures

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fred_Last Forum Member • Posts: 73
Nikon J5 + Tamron 100-400 sample pictures

A day at the zoo with Nikon J5 + FT1 + Tamron 100-400. 400 mm on the Nikon 1 system is equivalent to 1080 mm in 35mm film camera format, but with a bright f6.3. Camera firmware version is 1.01, and FT1 firmware version 1.20. Autofocus, VR, everything work perfectly. Battery life is shorter than with the 10-100 mm PD lens - about 200 shots with 1/3 battery bar left, but this was with A LOT of framing without actual shots.

I also bought a second-hand V2 just for the EVF. However, I notice the image quality of the J5 in low light, high ISO condition is definitely superior to the V2. Therefore, I use a digital camera screen magnifier on the J5. This is essential to block out sunlight and stabilize the lens when hand holding (all pictures were taken hand held).

I also brought along a monopod but end up not using it, because the whole setup (J5 + Tamron + screen magnifier) is rather bulky to be carried on foot.

( shot through plexiglass )

( shot through plexiglass )

Nikon 1 J5 Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow