I'm returning it, at iso over 400 noise is a mess..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Neogene
Neogene New Member • Posts: 21
I'm returning it, at iso over 400 noise is a mess..

Yesterday morning i went to a WWF oasis to test the Nikon P1000, light was still low and i had to up the iso to get steady the birds, when i came back i check the RAW in latest capture-nx and these are the result: at iso 800 photos are in my opinion useless for printing. At iso 400 i neved imagined this loss of quality in a 2018 1.000€ camera, dunno if is a problem of my camera, a firmware problem, or of capture-nx or raw file reading but i quite cried watching these photos, i have a D50/D7000/D810 , leaving the second e third one my D50 did a better job with a sensor (yes it's bigger but it's from 13 years ago!) from 2005.

Zoom was set to optical and digital was disabled so camera didn't use any interpolation.

My suggestion? is to set auto iso to MAX 400iso or use auto 100-400 if you want have photos with "decent" quality.

Kingfisher @ iso 800 WITH noise reduction - on Tripod

Kingfisher @ iso 800 NO NOISE REDUCTION - on tripod

Heron @ iso 800 - on Tripod

A Nutria @ iso 100 - on Tripod

Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow