FZ300 Blurry images

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Akra 2d8 New Member • Posts: 9
FZ300 Blurry images

I have owned a Panasonic FZ200 for many years, with a very satisfactory result. When the LCD display finally died, I decided it was time to renew my equipment, as it was not the first failure. I considered the FZ1000, but I finally chose the FZ300 for prize, size and lenses (and mostly because of the good experience with FZ200, as both cameras share lenses and sensor).

After some weeks of use, I became aware the FZ300 photos were blurrier than expected. I reviewed all the options, tried RAW and JPG formats, switched on and off every function… but got no satisfactory results. Finally, I recovered my old FZ200 (EVF still worked) and did some comparison tests setting both cameras in exactly the same mode (speed, ISO, quality, aperture). The difference was really noticeable; the FZ200 was sharper, had better quality in every picture.

You can find a couple of samples below. They are JPG images, but RAW comparison gives basically the same result.

FZ200 Image,

FZ300 Image

Both of them are original images, not edited; maximum jpeg quality, ISO100, f2.8, 1/200, no digital zoom. The difference is remarkable at 100% size, but it is visible before that. A bit surprisingly, the FZ300 produces a larger file (6.4 MB vs 4.8MB for FZ200), even if the quality is worse. I can find no logical reason, as (once again) both cameras share sensor and lenses, and FZ300 has a newer processor.

Has anybody had this problem with FZ300? Did someone perform a similar comparison test? I do not know if this is an issue of FZ300 cameras, if my unit has a bug, or if there is any hidden option I should tune.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow