New Fuji Lens?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,784
Re: New Fuji Lens?

NottsPhoto wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Meetmer wrote:

You would be in the minority opinion if you think the 35 mm F2 is meh. It's a great lens. It's not going to render as nice as the 56 1.2 , which i also have, but i have also taken many great photos with that 35 mm. Actually, it's my favorite lens. I certainly wouldn't swap it for a 23 mm lens which all isn't as good optically as the 35 mm. I can't comment on the 50 mm but I would agree that if a person did not have the 56 mm already then the 50 mm would be a great choice. I myself have the 18-55, which overlaps 23 mm, and I am contemplating just buying the 16 mm 1.4 to give me something totally different than i have now (18-55, the 35 F2, the 56 1.2, and the 55-200).

Agreed - I wouldn't say it's meh either. There are things one should know about it as with any other lens, but not meh. Some guys on these forums have shared some spectacular images from theirs.

I’m not saying it’s not a good lens... I’m saying that a 50mm equivilancy focal length is....meh.

For me agreed. I rarely use 35mm. (50mm)

its a bit mediocre. In fact by definition, that length is mediocre... it’s kinda.. meh.

its very sharp nicely put together meh. I grant.

Very true.

but at the end of the day, it’s doesn’t excell at anything.

Agree, it certainly does not.

A 75 and 35 otoh, both offer advantages over almost any use that you might make over a 50... both of them are more... mmmmmm.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EMV
KFo
KFo
EMV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow