Well, dealing with Fuji's RAW files is making me want to return my X-T3

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fluxcapacitor84 New Member • Posts: 14
Well, dealing with Fuji's RAW files is making me want to return my X-T3

The X-T3 is my first Fuji camera and after a long debate with myself I decided to get it over the A6500. And while it's an amazing camera and better in most ways than the A6500, after taking it out last night and shooting almost 1k photos, I am finding dealing with the RAW files a tiresome headache. I did make the mistake of not changing to lossless compressed, so I am dealing with larger files, but my girlfriend was with me shooting the same thing on her D5500 and she had all her images imported into Lightroom and was cycling through them super fast, while I'm sitting here finding the best way to convert my files. I couldn't even find a suitable solution just to view the files because every program would take like 5 seconds to load each image. And I do have a decent PC with an i5, 16GB ram. Neither Lightroom or C1 support the X-T3 yet. I own Lightroom and refuse to pay for extra software. Silkypix converter was insanely slow. I am currently using Rawtherapee to convert to TIFF so I can use in Lightroom as its the fastest thing I've found so far.

This process is frustrating and as much as I enjoyed using the camera I am not sure its worth the hassle. Yeah Lightroom will support the X-T3 eventually. But how fast and good is it compared to other cameras raw files? I am just venting and looking for any suggestions, but I don't have time for this slow of a workflow.

Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D5500 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EMV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow