Walking Port Orleans Riverside before & after Sunset

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 30,114
Walking Port Orleans Riverside before & after Sunset

A few more vacation photos from earlier this month - on my first day up, after checking in to my villa and not having any plans to go to a theme park that day, I spent some time walking around the Springs area which I shared in my last post, but also decided to take a ferry boat over to a different resort that I hadn't really photographed in a few years.

Disney Springs has several resort properties within a few miles of it, and those that are close have boat transportation allowing resort guests to get to the Springs...it's nicer than taking a bus, and more scenic and peaceful. My resort, Saratoga Springs, was quite large, so though my particular building was just a few hundred feet from a bridge that can walk across, the other side of my resort would be a mile away, so a ferry serves that part of the resort. The Old Key West resort also has its own ferry to the Springs, as do the Port Orleans French Quarter resort and Port Orleans Riverside resort.

As with most things Disney, even the hotels and resorts can have intricate theming and landscaping, which can make them a fun way to waste some time, and a good subject for photography. Port Orleans Riverside has lots of southern theming, with some hotel buildings styled after great plantation homes, some designed like bayou homes, and the resort's center like an old river port.

All shots here taken with the SEL18-135mm lens, which was the only one I had with me that first day, and the A6300, and all posted at 1400 pixels on the long side if you click the originals:

This is the resort's boat dock, where you catch the ferry for the trip to Disney Springs...as seen from the boat as we get ready to dock

Part of the 'town port', which acts as the resort's hub for boat and bus transportation, check in building, restaurant and food hall, bars, game rooms, etc.

Sun getting low behind the main buildings at the port

And from across the water, there's my boat, loading up and getting ready to head back to Disney Springs

Taken from the pool area, looking across the river to one of the main buildings at the port hub - this is actually the food court building

Walking from the pool across a few bridges, you see some of the plantation style 'houses' sitting along the river - each being one of the hotel buildings housing a few dozen rooms each

Looking up the rear entrance to one of the plantation-style hotel buildings. Very nice theming for what isn't a high-end hotel - Riverside is one of Disney's 'moderate' level resorts

What's nice is that the resort has 3,000+ rooms, but rather than one monstrous building, it's split up across dozens of acres and dozens of smaller buildings, each with their own bus stops, pool areas, etc.

And even within the same resort, the theming between buildings can change a bit.  This is another plantation building, but with a different rear entrance and style

Looking across the river back to the resort's port, directly into the setting sun, using in-camera HDR at +5 to see the shadow detail that would have been pure silhouette

Back on the boat as the lights have come on and the sun has started to hit the horizon - heading back towards Disney Springs and my own resort

Traveling back towards Disney Springs, for the first 1/3 mile or so, the boat passes through the grounds of Port Orleans Riverside resort, under all the various bridges that connect the different sections - this is looking out of the back of the boat

This final bridge is a vehicle bridge, for cars and busses entering the resort - and also denotes the border of the resort - which we have now left as we head back to Disney Springs as dusk comes on

Comments, questions, and critique welcomed as always!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +22 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow