Would you buy a smaller FF Sony?

Started 3 weeks ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZodiacPhoto
ZodiacPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,695
Would you buy a smaller FF Sony?

This poll relates to the rumor from this post.

Personally, I have no reason to believe this rumor - from technical standpoint, it would be hard to fit IBIS, or thermal dissipation for long video, in a 6xxx style body. But let's dream for a minute... Imagine if Sony managed to fit A7ii and A7Rii (not iii or Riii - why would they compromise sales of their current cameras) into A6500 body, so you have a 24MP and 42MP models to choose from, with IBIS. They may have less video capabilities due to the size.

ZodiacPhoto's gear list:ZodiacPhoto's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha a7R II
POLL
I would consider buying the rangefinder-style Sony FF camera, and use it will small and light primes, or with larger lenses, supporting the lens with my left hand.
60.4% 113  votes
I would NOT consider buying the rangefinder-style Sony FF camera, I think that current Sony FF bodies sized just right for me.
24.6% 46  votes
I wish Sony would make even LARGER camera bodies, I find larger cameras more ergonomic, and size and weight are not important to me.
15.0% 28  votes
  Show results
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow