Some photos from a very wet Battle of Britain Airshow

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barry Pearson
Barry Pearson Veteran Member • Posts: 8,665
Some photos from a very wet Battle of Britain Airshow

I booked this 22nd and 23rd September airshow several months ago. Hotel, and VIP parking and hospitality marquees.

Duxford Battle of Britain Airshow

I had great ambitions for this shoot:

Ambitious equipment choice for my next airshow

Unfortunately, I failed to book good weather!

Yesterday (Saturday 22nd) was very wet, starting before the flying displays. Today is even wetter. Here is the weather forecast for today:

I'm posting from my hotel room on the morning of Sunday 23rd. (And it is indeed raining!) I'll decide later whether to go to Duxford this afternoon for an hour or two.

I got some photos yesterday, which I'll upload in replies to this post. I took more photos of people with umbrellas than aircraft! But I did get some aircraft-in-flight photos!

A problem is that the only way to get photos of aircraft is to be outside. The doors to the marquees get packed with people watching, and taking photos with a big lens risks bashing people on the head, which they tend to object to! My cameras and lenses don't mind. After all, they are Pentax. But I mind! And while some subjects can look good in rain, that doesn't apply to aircraft-in-flight.

An example (lots more in the replies):

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +23 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow