Resurrecting My Photography--Lenses and Software Advice

Started Sep 10, 2018 | Discussions thread
mjevans Regular Member • Posts: 473
Re: Resurrecting My Photography--Lenses and Software Advice

I used Capture NX2 for years and was really upset when Nikon dropped it and especially when it was replaced by a rather flaky NXD which could not read all the edits from NX2. NX2 won't read D500 raw files although there is a hack to edit some of the metadata in a D500 raw to make it editable in NX2.

I played for a while with various open source software and some of it was very good but none of them produced the rendition of NXD. After various improvements in NXD (and now even colour control points in the latest release) I find it very usuable and can do the majority of what I did with NX2.

Recently I've been playing with On1 and I'm liking what I've found. It is a very capable bit of software once you take the time to get to know it (plenty of videos about). It is probably the closest to photoshop in terms of features.

Martin

mjevans's gear list:mjevans's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow