The issue of re-buying a lens (part 2): 23/1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,477
The issue of re-buying a lens (part 2): 23/1.4

Been there done that, I recently (9 or so months ago) re-bought the 14/2.8 and now I re-bought the 23/1.4 a lens I sold when I got the RX1 and thought I was doubling up. Also I was still using the X-T1 at the time so the RX1 was miles ahead in IQ and DR. The 24Mpx sensor has somehow reduced the gap considerably.

So when I saw this 23/1.4 plus a B&W filter and the rectangular sun-shade for US$ 585.00 (so-so price here in NZ, there are cheaper ones but not with the rectangular sun shade included!) - I couldnt resist.

Not much to shoot here, spring is in the air like all those other springs before. Some flowers, but to be honest I am not a flowerado - and it shows I think??

I also took a large range of portraits, but the model told me that I would have to sleep in a tent if I published any of the shots ...

Not worth it I thought ...

Anybody else going though the same motions?? (lens-re-acquisition that is...)

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow