Another D600 or a D800 as a loaner for landscape

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paulgwat New Member • Posts: 21
Another D600 or a D800 as a loaner for landscape

Hi,

Following on from my deliberations on lenses I got talking to someone who is willing to “loan” (read they are hoping I’ll buy it when I get back) me either a D600 or a D800 as a second body for the trip to Peru.

Thinking It can’t hurt to have an additional body with me and that I should stick with the additional D600 as I know how that works and I am used to it, but....

Given the lenses I have on my kit list is there any benefit in saying yes to the D800 and using the very long flight from the UK to read the instructions instead of watching the inflight movies!

From what little I know about the D800 it seems the small pixel size on the sensor means unless you are using high end lenses then you aren’t going to get the best from the camera - my main concern would be that I end up with worse images on the D800 as the sensor is effectively showing the limitations of the lenses

I’d be most interested in people’s views on the combination of the D800 and the Sigma 12-24 and the Tamron 150-600.

thanks in advance

Paul

Paulgwat's gear list:Paulgwat's gear list
Nikon D600 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 +2 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow