FZ2500 experiences?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Jimmy 86
The Jimmy 86 Regular Member • Posts: 167
FZ2500 experiences?

Hi there. Looking to pull the trigger on a Panasonic Camera as video is my primary concern (shooting mini docs and things of that nature).

I used to own an LX100 and loved it, but that was before my video interest. When it comes to video I can't see any other company being attractive compared to Panny.

I'm interested in the 2500 because it seems like a perfect 'all in one' solution, with audio in and out, v-log and high quality footage with nice deep bitrates, as well as a flippy screen, EVF and also, (because I'm used to working with ENG cams) the ND filters are a HUGE plus for me.

The only downside is sensor size, but again, the ENG cams I'm used to often have similar sized sensors, although they also do fall apart in low light quite quickly. The 4K crop doesn't bother me because the ALL-I HD at 200mbps is what I'm psyched for.

If I go the MILC route, I would go GH4 or G85 - but then I have to buy lenses and filters and other peripherals, and I also need to buy audio kit and lights anyways.

Just wondering if anyone can talk me out of the FZ2500. Any issues I should know about? Should I wait till the FZ3000 if it comes?
Thanks for reading!

Dave

-- hide signature --

One time I threw a stone so far I couldn't see where it landed.

The Jimmy 86's gear list:The Jimmy 86's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 X
Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow