XT-3 iso "cheating" Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Causio Regular Member • Posts: 276
XT-3 iso "cheating"

I own a 5DIII and I was looking forward to the XT3 release. Since previously I noticed how the XT2 test shots on dpreview were kind of underexposed compared to the 5DIII equivalent, I decided to do a comparison test with the XT3 and other two cameras (5DIII, D500), raw files shot at iso 200 and 1600 - using Affinity Photo to open all raws.

Here's a screen grab "collage" of the histograms. As you can see, the XT3 is still the most underexposed one (I had to bump the exposure by a factor of 0.5 in Affinity, whatever that translates into stops, in order to match the histograms). As a side note, for my taste the 5DIII also tends to underexpose so I have often to compensate, you can guess my slight disappointment.

The order top-down:

XT3 iso 200
D500 iso 200
5D III iso 200

XT3 iso 1600
D500 iso 1600
5D III iso 1600

-- hide signature --

Luc

Causio's gear list:Causio's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 +16 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow