My 6 year old iMac just died, and can't be fixed. Why???

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KKJohn
KKJohn Contributing Member • Posts: 895
My 6 year old iMac just died, and can't be fixed. Why???

I took my iMac to iStudio here in Thailand and they said they are unable to get parts to fix it. Only suggestion was to get a new one.

Surely this can't be right. Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm really getting fed up with Apple.

I have a small 13" Macbook Pro which I got in 12016 and so far have had no problems. However,  if I want to upgrade in the  future Apple has decided that the new Macbook Pros will not have a port for my SD cards which I use to download my photos from my cameras to the computer and for me  is essential. I know I can buy something to fix this, but.....

And I would like to get a new iMac, as I am a photographer and need a large screen, but as a senior on a meager pension, $3000 Cdn is a lot to pay for a new one. I will either go for the smaller screen (21") instead of the 27" which I had, as the 21" is only half the cost of the 27. Or I will switch back to a PC which will be half the price and still able to get a large screen. Even tho I didn't lose my data as I back everything on external HDs,  this is such a hassle to start all over. Why does Apple make things so difficult??

Any suggestions from anyone, other than #@$^()&??

KKJohn's gear list:KKJohn's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow