My 6 year old iMac just died, and can't be fixed. Why???

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KKJohn
KKJohn Contributing Member • Posts: 920
My 6 year old iMac just died, and can't be fixed. Why???

I took my iMac to iStudio here in Thailand and they said they are unable to get parts to fix it. Only suggestion was to get a new one.

Surely this can't be right. Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm really getting fed up with Apple.

I have a small 13" Macbook Pro which I got in 12016 and so far have had no problems. However,  if I want to upgrade in the  future Apple has decided that the new Macbook Pros will not have a port for my SD cards which I use to download my photos from my cameras to the computer and for me  is essential. I know I can buy something to fix this, but.....

And I would like to get a new iMac, as I am a photographer and need a large screen, but as a senior on a meager pension, $3000 Cdn is a lot to pay for a new one. I will either go for the smaller screen (21") instead of the 27" which I had, as the 21" is only half the cost of the 27. Or I will switch back to a PC which will be half the price and still able to get a large screen. Even tho I didn't lose my data as I back everything on external HDs,  this is such a hassle to start all over. Why does Apple make things so difficult??

Any suggestions from anyone, other than #@$^()&??

KKJohn's gear list:KKJohn's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow