Has anyone compared (in the field) the 7D Mk ii and the t7i (800D)?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cdmazoff
cdmazoff Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Has anyone compared (in the field) the 7D Mk ii and the t7i (800D)?

I know this might sound like a stupid question.  I bought a t7i and a 100-400 mk ii + 1.4 ex.  which I use for birding.

I get great shots. but.. AF acquisition and ISO are issues...

I didn't buy the 7D mk ii because I ran out of money and also it was quite older and I figured the t7i with the new sensor and the DIGIC 7 would be as good as or better than what was in the 7D... Little did I know...

Now, I'm waiting for the 7D mk iii but thinking maybe I should sell my t7i and get a 7D mk ii.

I have taken some prettry amazing shots with my setup, but I meet a lot of good bird photogs who do much better.. and so, I'm kicking myself.

Has anyone on this forum actually field tested (not spec tested) the 2 cameras and compared results?

Thanks

Here are some shots from my current rig

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow