Using native sony lenses vs canon lenses + metabones IV

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
anth605 New Member • Posts: 2
Using native sony lenses vs canon lenses + metabones IV

While I do see a good amount of information regarding this subject all over the internet, I still cannot help but feel indecisive as to which lenses I should be getting. 
For context, I have a Sony A7RII and I plan to do portrait photography, video, as well as some wedding/event photography with this camera. 
Currently, I have used a Canon 50mm 1.4 with adapters including the Sigma MC-11 and the Fotodiox one with not very satisfying results. To no surprise now, it is the autofocus that really did not impress me. I did an outdoor shoot where my model was moving around a lot and it was very hard to focus fast enough to get the shots I wanted. I do want to use all the AF features that the Sony A7RII has to offer but I can only do that with the Metabones adapter which I have yet to try out. I have also considered just selling my canon lens and just buying a native sony lens, but all of the reviews of any sony lens I've seen so far under $700 have been disappointing in terms of image quality and sharpness. While I am certainly paying for what I receive with these lenses, I'm just not sure if it is worth spending that much money for performance I could maybe receive with using a metabones adapter with my current lens. 
I'm unsure what I should do here and I am unable to make a clear decision based on my current research.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! If you use the metabones adapter with my canon lens, what has your experience been with it? Thanks in advance.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow