Budget (<=$250) wide-angle for a Canon 6D.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bharathmsk Forum Member • Posts: 89
Budget (<=$250) wide-angle for a Canon 6D.

Hello Everyone,

(I had posted this earlier on the Canon 1D/5D/6D forums - https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4322133, then figured this is a better forum for the question. )

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations on a budget wide-angle for a Canon 6D, to shoot nightscapes/milkyway/landscapes. I am okay giving up AF, and buying third party/used/waiting for a sale for a few more months if the prices fall within the budget of $250.

Reading through the forums, I see Rokinon / Samyang f2.8 as one of the favorite recommendations in the community; based on your experience, would you echo the same / are there other options you think that represent better value in terms of optical quality for the budget?

Also, I own a 24-105L f4 II, would you recommend just using that at the wide-end & stitch if need be, instead of adding a wide-angle lens? Has anyone been back and forth thinking about this? If so, could you share your experience on what you ended up using as well?

Thanks!

bharathmsk's gear list:bharathmsk's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM +1 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow