Its over, Johnny! The DSLR is over!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrHollywood
MrHollywood Senior Member • Posts: 2,160
Its over, Johnny! The DSLR is over!

I was rethinking the time I spent with a Z7 and I suddenly realized two things.

1) My D850 is still overall superior to ANY mirrorless camera, including the Z7.

2) My D850 won't wear the kings crown for much longer.

The Z7 is VERY close to being a viable top dog and it's easy to see where Nikon's next "pro" model will end up. I love my D850 and it will be a HUGELY relevant photographic tool for many years to come. But the writing is on the wall and in short order a Nikon mirrorless will be the best camera Nikon makes.

Sensibly we can honestly say "who cares" as the DSLRs are incredibly good. But in this age of newest-bestism, the DSLR will end up as the poor cousin and join the ranks of film cameras and Blackberrys.

Still, for the next few years you can try to pry my D850 from my cold dead hands. I doubt you can do it. Yet I'll prepare for the perfect storm of Nikon mirrorless and buy a Z6 and adding Z-mount glass bit by bit.

Rob

-- hide signature --

"We need a bigger boat."

MrHollywood's gear list:MrHollywood's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Nikon D850 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +14 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Let
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
NCB
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow